Skin Care for People with Diabetes
MANAGING YOUR SKIN AS INTELLIGENTLY AS YOU MANAGE YOUR DIABETES.
- Keep skin clean. Wash with a soap-free, gentle cleanser. Bathe in warm water. Hot baths and showers dry the skin by stripping away your natural oils. After bathing, gently pat dry your skin with a soft towel. Be sure to dry well between your toes. Immediately after drying, apply P.O.L. Cream to retain your body’s own natural moisture and deliver powerful healing anti-oxidants deep into the layers of your skin. Pay attention to problem areas like the hands, elbows, and feet. Never apply creams or lotions between your toes unless instructed by a physician.
- Prevent dry skin. Scratching dry or itchy skin can open it up and allow infection to set in. Moisturize your skin often to prevent chapping, especially in cold or windy weather. P.O.L. Cream’s rich Pure Omental Lipid formula moisturizes and protects working synergistically with vitamins A, E, Allantoin, Dimethicone and Hyaluronic Acid. These ingredients have been demonstrated to be beneficial to help strengthen your skin’s protective function.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and your skin healthy.
- During winter months, use a humidifier to add moisture to the air. Indoor humidity should be at 50%.
- A good sunscreen helps further protect at risk skin by preventing sunburn. Sunscreen should be used year round. Sun damage does not only occur in the summer.
- Treat all cuts, scrapes, and skin cracks immediately to help prevent more serious problems from developing. Be sure to see your doctor for major cuts, burns, infections, or other skin problems.
- Keep your diabetes well managed. People with high glucose levels tend to have dry skin and less ability to fend off harmful bacteria. Both conditions increase the risk of infection.
- See a dermatologist (skin doctor) annually for a skin health assessment.
- Take good care of your feet. Check them every day for sores and cuts. Wear broad, flat shoes that fit well. Check your shoes for foreign objects before putting them on.
- Moisturize your feet daily to prevent cracks and calluses.
Delivers phospholipids – powerful natural moisturizers and antioxidants – to protect and treat thin, dry, sensitive or aging skin and renew the skin’s protective barrier function. Phospholipids are indispensible in maintaining and improving the health and visible appearance of all skin. No steroids, parabens or fragrances.
3 oz Tube